Today I completed my second bicycle ride of 2014. My 2008 self would probably throw me to the ground and kick dirt on me if he knew I was more than 6 months in to the year with only two rides. Therefore, I’ve come up with a list of excuses.
- It was too cold in Pennsylvania
- I made a cross country move when the weather finally to ride
- I didn’t know the roads where I moved
- My bike needed a tune up
- Too busy unpacking and getting situated
- Running’s not a bad alternative
- I can’t ride on my lunch break
Okay, those excuses aren’t that good. My 2008 self would still kick dirt on me.
Hopefully, this is one of many rides in the second have of 2014, or else my nine-year-old self is going to get pissed too.